Update or rename drivers in red from .sys to .bak. Test your GPU with FurMark: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark - Windows 7 Help Forums
Monitor the test at all times. This can damage your GPU if you do not follow my instructions precisely!
FurMark download site: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test (Looks like it's "BURN-IN test" now)
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90บC. Then watch the system from that point on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly and turn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave it it unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your video card!!!
If the temperature gets above 100บC, quit the test - the video card is overheating.
- Click "Quit" to exit
What you are looking for:
- excessive heat from the GPU (report back with anything over 90บC)
- problems with the video display (picture is distorted or jumbled, picture turns black, etc)
- problems reported by the program (I haven't seen this, but "just in case")