My "Saved Password" (in mozilla browser "PaleMoon") for eightforums.com
when logging in, typing the first letter of my name and the Name field is auto filled.
- by tabbing-to (or selecting) the Password field the password is auto completed.
- then enable "Remember me" > Login ... and I am logged in.
But here at eightforums.com none of the automation works.
In my saved passwords there are two entries for eightforums.com (with identical passwords but different usernames.
I have deleted both eightforums password entries and closed my browser.
Restart browser at http://www.eightforums.com
- the result is ... http://www.eightforums.com/
When I copy/paste my name + password eightforums recognises me and I am logged in.
- I accept the "save password" offer
My password entry shows my Username as "Password" + the correct password string.
- and the address as "http://www.eightforums.com"
- but the web-page address is "http://www.eightforums.com/" ... with the trailing forward slash
In saved passwords database I changed the Username "Password" to "bawldiggle"
Closed browser and restarted browser at http://www.eightforums.com
- Remember me was already checked
When I started typing my Username "bawldiggle" it was not detected.
- with the correct username manually entered, eightforums did not auto-fill the password
So I deleted both entries in saved-passwords
- close browser -- manually logged into eightforums.com > and changed my password
- closed all browser windows and rebooted browser
With the correct new password manually entered eightforums rejected my log-in attempt.
- eightforums flicked to a standalone log-in page that told me either my username or password is incorrect (with both fields already populated). I changed nothing and clicked log-in and eightforums recognized the identical username + password that was rejected not one minute earlier.
Closed browser completely to log-in again to eightforums.com.
- eightforums log-in fields do not recognize my saved username nor new password
- when I manually enter username + my new password I am offered this (remember password)
... but my username is not "Password"
Manually entering (copy-paste) my username + password is becoming tedious
- at sevenforums I have the same username but a different password and it never fails.