The savior to Firefox lovers who hate Firefox's new Australis interface just got better.
This browser is even faster than Firefox thanks to its tweaked code which makes use of newer hardware such as multi-core CPUs
100% compatible with all Firefox add-ons.
One of the best new things about this upgrade is now Pale Moon has its own Sync Server to sync all your bookmarks, history, etc.
Even though it is an older version number than the current Firefox, it is always updated with the latest security fixes so you don't need to worry.
- Allow animated personas (lightweight themes)! You will need to set a preference for this.
- Fix regularly occurring browser crashes with hardware acceleration enabled on DirectWrite 6.2/6.3 (Win 7 with Platform Update, Windows 8/8.1).
- Fix font rendering issues on DirectWrite 6.2/6.3, especially on legacy AMD hardware. (KB2670838 issues).
- Fix Windows version detection issues on Windows 8.1.
- Shuffle reported plugin installation order to confuse trackers.
- Clean up jumplist icons so they no longer pile up on disk on some systems (also a privacy concern).
- Change the sync server to a (new) Pale Moon sync server.
- Update the status bar code: Full-screen HTML5 video will no longer have status pop-ups overlaid.
- Add code to selectively ignore "autocomplete=off" on signon input fields.
- Linux: reduce gstreamer CPU overhead.
- Fix styled HTML buttons to address misaligned button contents (wrong baseline), e.g. gmail account chooser.
- Fix an old IonMonkey bug resulting in incorrect math results in some cases.
- Improve the performance of editor initialization.
- Update the Pale Moon icon for better display on lower color depths.
- Media: use a simpler way to discard superfluous audio packets.
- Bug #994907 - imgDecoderObserver does reference counting on different threads, so should be using thread safe reference counting.
- Bug #992274 - Tweak an edge case in line number handling.
- Bug #995603 - Ensure mouse-enter/exit events are sent to plugins as appropriate.
- Bug #1005552 - Stop binding marquee event handlers + misc related fixes.
- Bug #1000185 - Fix several issues with SMIL.
- Bug #978811 - Fix isFakeExitFrame to return true for entry frames.
- Bug #996715 - IonMonkey: Remove the code that bails when determining if the second instruction in a chunk is a branch.
- Bug #967354 - Fix incorrect usage of UpdateWebGLErrorAndClearGLError();
In addition, Pale Moon also has a public Git repository now:
Download Pale Moon 32-Bit
Download Pale Moon 64-Bit
Download Pale Moon Portable
Download Pale Moon for Intel Atom CPUs
Download Pale Moon for Linux
Download Pale Moon Migration Tool
Download Pale Moon Profile Backup Tool
Download Pale Moon Commander (browser extension that lets you tweak advanced features such as cache history refresh frequency, enabling memory cache rather than disk cache, and much more)