1. my win 7 laptop went "poof"
2. got new computer (but they only have windows 8) am using the desktop part of the computer & installed a start menu so it "looked" reasonably like windows 7.
3. installed windows live mail on new computer since windows 8 has a weird email program.
4. had win 7 computer backed up, so had all my windows live emails safely there.
5. copied all the old win 7 emails into the NEW win 8 live email program
6. everything worked great,, could get new emails & all the old ones were there.
7. worked around the NEW live mail, by changing names of folders,
deleting some emails etc. so the folder list was NOT the same as when I moved
them, ( I have tons of folders under my inbox 13 years of saved emails)
8. looked in windows explorer at the folder where the emails were
supposed to be saved.
9. but,,,,,,,,,,,, nothing was changed,,, it still was all the old names etc.
10. for example, I changed a folder name (IN live mail)from dog to cat, & deleted cow.
11. but looking at windows explorer it was still dog & cow was still there.
12. opening live mail,,, it was the changed folders cat.
13. so I do not get it..
14. why didn't the folders in windows explorer CHANGE to reflect all my changes in windows live
15. I need to keep backing up this folder , in case something else goes "poof" To use it for restore.