PLS HELP! Upgraded to windows 8 , system refresh and lost all my software, I need my emails folder!!
Hey Everyone. Thanks for reading.
Ok heres my details:
1) I upgraded from windows 7 to 8, everything went fine! All my files and programs upgraded fine!!
2)when I upgraded I was messing with the settings and messed with the contrast. And my screen turned black and everything was outline.
3) tried to turn contrast off but it would not, spent an hour trying to figure out how to turn contract the setting off.
4)I read that I could do I "SYSTEM REFRESH"
5) performed a system refresh,
6) system refresh , did not fix the contract issue and "DELETED" all my software.
7) system refresh deleted my "windows live mail" and all my emails are gone!!
I tried looking into my" windows.old" folder but I think that the system refresh overwrote my windows 7 .old folder, and copied the previous windows 8 installation prior to the system refresh( the upgrade version form 7)
How can I find my emails folder?
should I restore my widows.old to the previous upgraded 8 windows( after upgrade but before system refresh) and will it help?
Thanks everyone, I just need my emails for my business, the rest of the software I can reinstall!!